AURORA, N.Y. — The Keuka College Field Hockey team clinched the 2018 North Eastern Athletic Conference Regular Season Championship with a 7-0 victory at Wells College on Saturday.
Keuka College 7 at Wells College 0
Keuka College controlled the play early and took the lead 10 minutes into the game on Saturday. Off of a corner, Adele Fairbrother fed the ball to the left to Alyssa Orsino. The senior led the long shot go, beating the goalie for the lead. Keuka doubled their lead on a corner again. This time Nicole Wilson tipped in the shot by Orsino. Minutes later, Alysa Maddaleno collected the ball off of a rebound and scramble in front and scored to make it 3-0. Lexi Appleby capped the scoring in the first half for the Wolves. Alyssa Orsino raced up the right side of the field. She passed it across to the right post to Abbleby for the goal as the Wolves led 4-0 at the half.
Nicole Wilson kept the Keuka College offense rolling in the second half as she scored 2:14 into the period. Wilson then completed the hat trick later as she took the ball down the right side and beat the goalie to the near post to make it 6-0. Tori Gutzmer completed the scored as she deflected in a shot by Shelby Lamb as the Wolves defeated the Express 7-0.
- It is the first regular season title in the program's four-year history
- Keuka College improves to 3-1 all-time against Wells College
- The Wolves set a new program record with their third shutout of the season
- It was the second-most goals in a game for Keuka College as a team and tied for the most assists
- Alyssa Orsino tied her career-high with six goals this season, second-most in program history. She tied her personal-best with two assists and four points in the game
- Nicole Wilson recorded the second hat trick of her career
- It was the first career goal for freshman Tori Gutzmer
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will have a midweek non-conference test at Elmira College on Tuesday. Keuka College will then return home on Thursday as they wrap up their NEAC schedule with the first ever game against Lancaster Bible College. It will also be senior day for the Wolves with a special pregame ceremony.