KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – The Keuka College Field Hockey team won the 2017 North Atlantic Conference West Division Championship on Saturday afternoon, defeating Wilson College 4-0 at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Keuka College 4 vs. Wilson College 0 – NAC West Division Championship
Both teams had early offensive opportunities on Saturday afternoon, but neither were able to capitalize. The Wolves had the best chance of the half, but Phoenix keeper Kayla Butts made a diving score to keep the game scoreless. Keuka College controlled play with a 9-4 advantage in shots and 8-1 advantage in corners in the half, but the game went to halftime scoreless.
The Wolves took the lead in the second half. 1:25 into the half, Alyssa Orsino sent a ball to the left post that was tipped in by Hannah Moon for the 1-0 lead. That lead would double eight minutes later as Alysa Maddaleno set up Taylor Lessard on the right post for the 2-0 advantage. Keuka College controlled the play in the half allowing just one Wilson shot. Moon got her second of the game with 20 minutes left to go and Madison St. Onge scored off a corner with 0:00 on the clock as the Wolves defeated Wilson College 4-0.
- It was the first postseason game and victory in Keuka College program history
- The Wolves improve to 2-2 all-time against Wilson College
- Hannah Moon was named the Tournament MVP
- Nicole Wilson, Alysa Maddaleno, and Shelby Lamb were honored following the game for being named All-North Eastern Athletic Conference.
- Keuka College outshot Wilson College 25-5
- The Wolves had a 19-1 advantage in penalty corners
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves now take on Husson University in the NEAC/NAC Crossover Championship next weekend. The winner of the game will earn an automatic berth into the 2017 NCAA Division III Field Hockey Tournament. Game details are yet to be announced.