MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Keuka College Field Hockey team lost their final regular season North Eastern Athletic Conference game of the season on Wednesday, falling to Morrisville State 3-1.
Morrisville State 3 vs. Keuka College 1
The Wolves attacked quickly, scoring 1:13 into the game. Michaela Marrero took the ball on the right and found Maddaleno in the middle. The sophomore shot to the left corner for her fifth goal of the season. The Wolves would outshoot the Mustangs 9-4, but the game remained 1-0 at the half.
Minutes into the second half, Morrisville State tied it up at 1-1. With just under 20 minutes left in the game, the Mustangs took a 2-1 lead when they deflected in a goal for the lead. Morrisville State added an insurance goal as they went on to win the game 3-1.
- Morrisville State has beat Keuka College in all three meetings in Keuka's history
- The Wolves finished the regular season with a 2-2 NEAC record, the most wins in program history
- Alysa Maddaleno has scored a goal in three of her last four games
- Maddaleno now is tied for the team lead with five goals and 14 total points
- It was the first career point and assist for Michaela Marrero
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves finish the 2017 regular season on Tuesday, October 24, hosting Elmira College at 7pm. Keuka College will also learn their fate for the North Eastern Athletic Conference Championship game on Saturday when Wells College plays Wilson College. If the Wolves advance, KeukaAthletics.com will announce the game information on Sunday.