KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – The Keuka College Field Hockey team lost on Wednesday afternoon to Oswego State 4-2 at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Oswego State 4 at Keuka College 2
Both teams battled for possession on a hot Wednesday afternoon at Keuka College. Neither team was able to build much of an offensive attack. Oswego State outshot Keuka 5-2 in the half and had a 3-1 advantage in corners. Their final corner of the half produced a goal in the 33rd minute to give the Lakers a 1-0 lead at the half.
Oswego added a pair of goals in the opening minute before the Wolves got on the board. In the 48th minute, Taylor Lessard had the ball at the top of the circle. She hit it into Nicole Wilson on the right post who centered it to Alysa Maddaleno for the goal. Oswego took the ball and drove down the field to quickly answer, making it 4-1, however the Wolves had a response of their own. Rielly Albee had the ball right of goal. She found Nicole Wilson in front. The freshman scored her third of the season for the Wolves, making it a 4-2 game in favor of Oswego. The Wolves would not be able to draw it any closer as they fell to the Lakers on Wednesday.
- The Lakers earned their third win in as many meetings against the Wolves
- Wednesday was the most goals Keuka has scored against Oswego State and the fewest they have allowed
- With her goal, Nicole Wilson moves into second place for the most goals in a season at Keuka College
- The Wolves had 10 shots on goal in the game, third most in program history
- The assist by Rielly Albee was the freshman's first career point
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves open up their 2017 North Eastern Athletic Conference schedule on Saturday as the Green and Gold travels to Pennsylvania to face Bryn Athyn College. It is the first year of the program for the Lions.